Clean-in-Place (CIP) Systems
Our Clean-In-Place (CIP) systems will help you optimize your production and cleaning schedule. Each system is custom designed to meet your unique requirements. Our CIP system features include:
- Single or multiple tank systems for rinse, acid or caustic wash, recovery, and reclaim or reuse
- Multi-circuit systems which reduce downtime
- Easily installed frame-mounted or portable systems
- Precisely metered chemical injection and automated water addition
- Butterfly, single-seat shut-off or mixproof valves
- Fast heating cycle using steam or hot water to reduce downtime
- 3-A sanitary grade compliant
- PLC and HMI automated control systems
Benefits of Automated CIP Systems
- Increased sanitation, product safety and quality
- Faster cleaning times, shorter downtime, and optimized production time
- Flexibility and customization
- Data tracking and recording for regulatory compliance
- Lower utility usage and cost
- Lower chemical usage and cost
Importance of Equipment Selection
Sanitary CIP systems often require special tanks, high purity valves and pumps, as well as high finish requirements. Pump selection is crucial to the functionality and cost-effectiveness of your CIP system. Barnum Mechanical's expert team carefully reviews your unique requirements to ensure the best equipment is at the heart of your system. Important considerations include:
- The placement of the CIP system relative to the equipment being cleaned
- The potential to remove and recover product
- The turbulence of the cleaning fluid
- The viscosity of the product and amount of oil in the product
- The precision of flow and pressure required
- The chemicals used and the concentration of the chemicals
- The temperatures required
- The time required
- The waiting time between hot and cold CIP
These factors must be considered to optimize your CIP system, maximize production performance, minimize system maintenance and ensure your cleaning parameters are met with each cycle.
Our shop-fabricated CIP systems include utility support systems and components which are custom designed, configured and installed to meet your unique requirements. Fabrication of modular skidded systems and structural support systems in our shop reduces labor costs and production downtime. Our systems adhere to 3-A sanitary design, ASME, FDA, FMSA, OSHA, UL, and USDA regulatory standards.
BMI fabrication services include:
- Modular, mobile and integrated skids
- Structural steel assemblies, walkways, access platforms and pipe racks
- Stainless-steel piping, fittings and valves
- CIP design and engineering
- Automation and control system engineering including electrical, instrumentation, and programming
- Precision fabrication, including all elements necessary to integrate as a system component or operate as a stand-alone unit
- PLC/PAC programming and testing
- HMI/SCADA application development and testing
- Installation, equipment rigging, setting, leveling, and anchoring
The benefits of pre-fabrication
The main benefit to you is the increased speed of implementation. We design, fabricate and pre-test process and utility skids in our fabrication shop to minimize plant disruption. This leads to an expedited project timeline and lower overall project costs.
We put safety first
At BMI we know putting safety first protects our employees and customers, while improving our productivity, competitiveness, and profitability. We incorporate food safety into our process designs and worker safety is a continuous effort overseen by our safety management team. In addition to the financial benefits and increased productivity, the minimization of on-the-job injuries results in a bigger payoff - our employees' ingrained commitment to food and jobsite safety.
We have an extensive safety program and an outstanding safety record
Our systems adhere to 3-A sanitary design, FDA, FSMA, USDA, ASME, OSHA and UL regulations. Our project managers and foremen are OSHA 30 certified and conduct daily job hazard analysis (JHA), job safety analysis (JSA) meetings, and weekly team safety meetings. Our skilled journeymen are OSHA 10 certified and trained to adhere to our high safety standards.
Our proactive approach is reflected in our outstanding safety record. In our more than 40 years of operation, our .66 experience modification rate (EMR) has consistently surpassed the industry average of 1.0.
You know your products. We know process
BMI is an industry leading full-service design-build company specializing in next generation solutions for the food, beverage, specialty process, and other sanitary industries. Since 1980, our team of design engineers, automation and controls engineers, project managers and expert installers provide unsurpassed value and results. Regardless of the scale or complexity of the project, we deliver the right technology and automation solutions for high-performance sanitary processing and production. BMI is headquartered in Northern California and operates throughout the United States. BMI is an American-owned and privately held company.