Receiving Systems and Bulk Ingredient Handling
Processors must be able to integrate their bulk ingredient system(s) into their production areas seamlessly and efficiently. We have designed and installed systems for many applications including:
- Syrup and heavy concentrates product piping and pumping
- Distribution and handling of sensitive ingredients such as oils, sugars, syrups, semi-solids, slurries, tomatoes and more
- High viscosity and sticky ingredients distribution systems
- Dry ingredient conveyance distribution and dust control systems
- Semi-solid and suspended solid metering hoppers
- Customized metering auger assemblies
- Single-wall or jacketed storage vessels for heating and cooling
- Tote (IBC), drum, bag and carton loading and unloading systems
Call us and we can help you:
- Reduce process cycle times
- Increase capacity
- Ensure consistency
- Reduce energy costs
- Eliminate product waste
- Minimize washdown times
- Eliminate cross-contamination between changeovers
- Improve product safety
- Reduce operator errors
- Improve employee safety
Our automated handling systems can unload, store, blend, transfer, distribute, screen, meter and weigh a wide range of ingredients. Our handling systems manage:
- Ingredient delivery, including simultaneous delivery of multiple ingredients
- Lot tracking
- Production scheduling and reporting
Safety is at the core of everything we do
At BMI we know putting safety first protects our employees and customers, while improving our productivity, competitiveness, and profitability. We incorporate food safety into our process designs and worker safety is a continuous effort overseen by our safety management team. In addition to the financial benefits and increased productivity, the minimization of on-the-job injuries results in a bigger payoff - our employees' ingrained commitment to food and jobsite safety.
We have an extensive safety program and an outstanding safety record
Our systems adhere to 3-A sanitary design, FDA, FSMA, USDA, ASME, OSHA and UL regulations. Our project managers and foremen are OSHA 30 certified and conduct daily job hazard analysis (JHA), job safety analysis (JSA) meetings, and weekly team safety meetings. Our skilled journeymen are OSHA 10 certified and trained to adhere to our high safety standards.
Our proactive approach is reflected in our outstanding safety record. In our more than 40 years of operation, our .66 experience modification rate (EMR) has consistently surpassed the industry average of 1.0.
You know your products. We know process
BMI is an industry leading full-service design-build company specializing in next generation solutions for the food, beverage, specialty process, and other sanitary industries. Since 1980, our team of design engineers, automation and controls engineers, project managers and expert installers provide unsurpassed value and results. Regardless of the scale or complexity of the project, we deliver the right technology and automation solutions for high-performance sanitary processing and production. BMI is headquartered in Northern California and operates throughout the United States. BMI is an American-owned and privately held company.