System Optimization and Troubleshooting
BMI provides comprehensive optimization, process support, troubleshooting and maintenance.
Efficiency and optimization services
- Process efficiency and workflow optimization to reduce operator intervention points
- Transfer and distribution piping improvements for cleanability and product handling
- Critical control point monitoring systems
- Reporting systems for plant-floor visibility
- PLC / PAC programming, troubleshooting, and optimization
- HMI / SCADA application development, modernization and reporting
- Process water conservation and wastewater management solutions
- Electrical and natural gas recovery and reuse solutions
- Reliability audits
- Testing and validation
- Redundancy recommendations
Resource recovery and reuse are key to efficiency and optimization as water and energy are precious resources and a major expense for processors. BMI teams up with equipment manufacturers to treat and reuse water for chilling, steam production and CIP. We install innovative solutions for recovering and reusing energy such as creating biogas for heat production and using waste heat to create steam-generated electricity. These, and other sustainable solutions will positively impact your bottom line.
Read more about our sustainable solutions in our Processing Food and Beverages While Saving the Planet whitepaper.
We do retrofits, upgrades and expansions
- Equipment replacement, upgrades, expansions and legacy system integration
- Utility support integration
- Custom modular skids
We do maintenance and repairs
- System and component maintenance
- Piping, tank and equipment repairs
- Specialty tooling
- Custom fabrication
Hygienic centrifugal pumps are universal in food and beverage and one thing they have in common is that over time they may leak. Read our guide to repairing hygienic centrifugal pump leaks
Read what the owner of J.J. Pfister Distilling Company has to say about BMI
We at J.J. Pfister appreciate the help Barnum Mechanical has provided us in our organic distillery in Sacramento, CA. They have helped us from the inception of our company and did a superb job with our process engineering needs. A distillery is a complex manufacturing plant and the craftsmanship and problem solving were greatly appreciated. We had an issue with a purchased part that the manufacturer could not solve but Barnum Mechanical did!