Our shop-fabricated process systems include utility support systems and components which are custom designed, configured and installed to meet your unique requirements. Fabrication of modular skidded process systems and structural support systems in our shop reduces labor costs and production downtime.
Custom Process Solutions
BMI teams up with innovative processors to bring new process technologies to fruition. Trying something which has never been done? We will do more than cheer you on. We will help design, fabricate, and install your first of its kind solution.
Check out our fabrication capabilities.
BMI fabrication services include:
- Modular, mobile and integrated skids
- Structural steel assemblies, walkways, access platforms and pipe racks
- Stainless-steel piping, fittings and valves
- Process design and engineering
- Automation and control system engineering including electrical, instrumentation, and programming
- Precision fabrication, including all elements necessary to integrate as a system component or operate as a stand-alone unit
- PLC/PAC programming and testing
- HMI/SCADA application development and testing
- Installation, equipment rigging, setting, leveling, and anchoring
Modular, mobile and standalone skids
BMI has designed, fabricated and installed hundreds of automated skids such as:
- Blending/batching systems
- Bulk ingredient receiving storage and distribution
- Clean-in-place (CIP) systems
- Clean-out-of-place (COP) systems
- Drum/container handling systems
- Hot water support systems
- Hydration systems
- Mixproof valve assemblies
- Pasteurizing/thermal process systems
- Sanitary air systems
- Sanitization/foam/rinse systems
- Steam/condensate handling systems
- Utility support systems
- Valve manifolds
- Water treatment systems
The benefits of pre-fabrication
The main benefit to you is the increased speed of implementation. We design, fabricate and pre-test process and utility skids in our fabrication shop which minimizes plant disruption. This leads to an expedited project timeline and lower overall project costs.
We put safety first
At BMI we know putting safety first protects our employees and customers, while improving our productivity, competitiveness, and profitability. We incorporate food safety into our process designs and worker safety is a continuous effort overseen by our safety management team. In addition to the financial benefits and increased productivity, the minimization of on-the-job injuries results in a bigger payoff – our employees’ ingrained commitment to food and jobsite safety.
We have an extensive safety program and an outstanding safety record
Our systems adhere to 3-A sanitary design, FDA, FSMA, USDA, ASME, OSHA and UL regulations. Our project managers and foremen are OSHA 30 certified and conduct daily job hazard analysis (JHA), job safety analysis (JSA) meetings, and weekly team safety meetings. Our skilled journeymen are OSHA 10 certified and trained to adhere to our high safety standards.
Our proactive approach is reflected in our outstanding safety record. In our more than 40 years of operation, our .66 experience modification rate (EMR) has consistently surpassed the industry average of 1.0.
You know your products. We know process
BMI is an industry leading full-service design-build company specializing in next generation solutions for the food, beverage, specialty process, and other sanitary industries. Since 1980, our team of design engineers, automation and controls engineers, project managers and expert installers provide unsurpassed value and results. Regardless of the scale or complexity of the project, we deliver the right technology and automation solutions for high-performance sanitary processing and production. BMI is headquartered in Northern California and operates throughout the United States. BMI is an American-owned and privately held company.