Process and Utility Piping
From small installations requiring a single welder, to jobs requiring more than 100 journeymen, BMI will deliver the highest quality piping, while meeting sanitary design standards and safety regulations. Our installation crews are backed by experienced project managers and engineers and can quickly resolve issues, should they arise.
BMI has a proven track record of superior installations, and we are often called in to repair work performed by other contractors. We don’t cut corners on piping installation or any other aspect of the process.
Our highly skilled team of sanitary process engineers, mechanical engineers, chemical engineers and certified sanitary piping welders, fitters and millwrights provide:
- Piping system planning and routing designs which ensure proper drainage, cleanability and maintenance access
- Complete CAD services
- Project and installation management
- 3-A sanitary process piping including 304, 316 and AL6XN, for all types of food and beverage applications and other sanitary process environments
- X-ray quality welding and pipe fitting with superior internal polish quality
- Ability to supply material finishes to meet the strictest sanitary requirements
- Process support utilities including steam, condensate, compressed air, N2, CO2, Glycol, and chemicals
- Utility piping using stainless steel, carbon steel, copper and Georg Fischer CoolFit
- GTAW, SMAW, GMAW (MIG) and automated orbital welding
- Access platforms
- Structurally approved pipe support systems, pipe racks, ceiling racks and floor racks
- Piping headers and branch connections
- Equipment installation
- Equipment rigging, settling, leveling and anchoring
- Sanitary vessel and tank repairs
- Custom fabrication of parts and components
- Confined space services
- Comprehensive safety program
Our capabilities include:
- New installations
- Expansions, retrofits and upgrades
- Troubleshooting and repairs
Project and construction management
Our installation crews are supported by our team of experienced project managers, field managers,engineers and CAD servicesto keep installations on budget and on schedule. Our project management services begin with conceptualization and continue through formal turnover and system acceptance. A dedicated project manager (PM) will work with you to initiate, plan, execute, control, and successfully complete your project. Our experienced PMs and field managers oversee the process, equipment, and utilities installation to deliver the highest quality workmanship.
Custom Process Solutions
BMI teams up with innovative processors to bring new process technologies to fruition. Trying something which has never been done? We will do more than cheer you on. We will help design, fabricate, and install your first of its kind solution.
BMI fabrication services include:
- Modular, mobile and integrated skids
- Process design and engineering
- Automation and control system engineering including electrical, instrumentation, and programming
- Precision fabrication, including all elements necessary to integrate as a system component or operate as a stand-alone unit
- PLC/PAC programming and testing
- HMI/SCADA application development and testing
- Factory testing
- Start-up services and training
Check out our fabrication capabilities.
Read what the Master Distiller for Bently Heritage Distillery has to say about BMI
Barnum Mechanical Inc. functioned as our primary process installer for stainless piping, mechanical work around processing equipment, and punch list work during the trouble shooting phase of startup of our distillery in Minden, Nevada. Their work is impeccable and the pride they take in it is obvious. Not only did they deliver with bells and whistles on everything we asked of them they also understood our desire to create a beautiful facility and paid incredible attention to detail on every project. I could not have been happier with their work and the quality of people they brought to our facility
We put safety first
At BMI we know putting safety first protects our employees and customers, while improving our productivity, competitiveness, and profitability. We incorporate food safety into our process designs and worker safety is a continuous effort overseen by our safety management team. In addition to the financial benefits and increased productivity, the minimization of on-the-job injuries results in a bigger payoff – our employees’ ingrained commitment to food and jobsite safety.
We have an extensive safety program and an outstanding safety record
Our systems adhere to 3-A sanitary design, FDA, FSMA, USDA, ASME, OSHA and UL regulations. Our project managers and foremen are OSHA 30 certified and conduct daily job hazard analysis (JHA), job safety analysis (JSA) meetings, and weekly team safety meetings. Our skilled journeymen are OSHA 10 certified and trained to adhere to our high safety standards.
Our proactive approach is reflected in our outstanding safety record. In our more than 40 years of operation, our .66 experience modification rate (EMR) has consistently surpassed the industry average of 1.0.
You know your products. We know process
BMI is an industry leading full-service design-build company specializing in next generation solutions for the food, beverage, specialty process, and other sanitary industries. Since 1980, our team of design engineers, automation and controls engineers, project managers and expert installers provide unsurpassed value and results. Regardless of the scale or complexity of the project, we deliver the right technology and automation solutions for high-performance sanitary processing and production. BMI is headquartered in Northern California and operates throughout the United States. BMI is an American-owned and privately held company.